Tuesday, June 12

LSAT

I took it. I feel it went ok. At least, I answered every question. I most likely (assuredly) didn't answer every one correctly, but I made it through each section, and double checked answers I was unsure of. So whatever happens, I know that I tried my best and it's probably the score I deserve.

They did kind of freak me out before I even started because I brought my driver's license for my photo id. Well, I got it 3 plus years ago when I was still signing my whole name. Yeah, my whole name? Kinda long. So awhile ago I just started putting my first initial and my last name. When I took the December LSAT, no one cared that the signatures didn't match. This time they decided they did. So I had to resign it so my signature would match my driver's license. The end result being that my admission slip has two signatures. Hopefully that won't be a problem and they don't call me in a week harassing me about it. At least my thumbprint is still the same.

The test was not that bad. I felt the logic games (analytical reasoning) section was easy. I like logic games, 99% of the time you KNOW you got it right, not "I think I picked the right answer. Maybe?" These ones, at least for me, were particularly enjoyable. I got to take a mini-power nap during that section.

The comparative reading wasn't that bad either. I thought [another passage] (to be inserted at a later date, when the LSAC can't get mad and put a note in my file that says "horrible person! do not let into law school!") was WAY harder.

My experimental section was one of the three Logical Reasoning. Those are my hardest sections, so having an extra one wasn't all that much fun. But it could've been worse I suppose.

I think one girl in my section got in trouble. After the writing section was over, one of the assistant proctors walked up to the main proctor with a writing sample, topic sheet and pencil in her hand. They whispered furiously and the end result was the writing sample in question was set aside from the stack of all our other writing samples and papercliped to a blue piece of paper. I think she kept writing past when time was called to finish her sentence or thought or what have you. Big no-no. She looked pissed. As in angry, not drunk. Just to clear the air there.

The part that kills me is I have to wait THREE WEEKS for my score. I knew I was in trouble when I'm still taking the test and in the middle of section four I found myself thinking "I wonder what my score is?" I wasn't even done with the test yet! I'm not going to make it!

Well, that's it for now I guess. I'll keep you updated as soon as I know anything.

No comments: