Tuesday, March 4

Dear Minnesota: Why?

So, I was put on "hold" at Minnesota over the weekend. That's basically saying "you're good enough to not reject you, but we're going to see if something better comes along." It's pretty mean, if you ask me.

As a side note, on a law forum I visit, someone was saying that the LSAC should limit applications to ten per applicant. Something about it being wrong for auto admits at NYU to apply to Georgetown just as leverage for more money at NYU. He was upset if forces people in G'town's target range onto the waitlist at first. Well, why not? If they're good enough to be an auto admit at NYU, they probably deserve more money. Then I looked at his stats. 170, 3.1. I'm guessing he was WL'd at Georgetown. Which, as an admit who sent out 18 applications, makes me a little happy inside. Should it? Probably not. But I don't think that he had a problem with the system before he was WL'd.

No comments: